Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Autumn season in Japan is famous for Koyo, the color changing of the leaves. As a native southern Californian, I am unfamiliar with such extreme changes in the seasons and the extreme color change in all of the trees. The other weekend we checked out a spot up in the mountains called Shirakurakyo to spot some koyo. Our timing was a bit early, the best color change wouldn't happen for another week or so, but there were a few nice views anyhow.





This blue shack and red bridge are part of a very picturesque bustop. Only comes twice an hour, but not a bad place to hang out for the bus.


Trail leading down into the gorge.


Leaf litter in the river.




I didn't have a tripod with me, but I was able to prop my camera on a wooden rail to grab a slower shutter speed shot of the waterfall.





Not only are the Koyo leaves beautiful, they're also delicious!




colors...







No comments:

Post a Comment