Monday, September 14, 2009

Gun-San, Beach Town

A few days ago, my surf session ended in one tragic accident when I snapped off a fin of my board, my only board. My disappointment was short lived, however, once I took in my board for a repair at the local surf shop and met the owner, Gun-san. Gun-san's shop, Beach Town, is ground zero for the surf scene in Fukude, and Gun-san himself is a classic character and an expert surfboard fin designer.






We were invited to the monthly beach cleanup the next morning at the local beach break to pick up a boatload of plastic bottles and other debris.

Not only did Gun-san hook me up with a speedy repair, he also lent me ...Lost speed demon board for a few days so I could still get in the water.
Big THANK YOU Gun-san!

No comments:

Post a Comment